Saturday, October 3, 2009

Putting myself back on track

I dug out my meditation cushion today and did sitting meditation for the first time since moving to Austin. I kept it to 10 minutes, knowing that I don’t want to push it or get frustrated. I also pulled out the yoga mat and did some Sun Salutation, and I’m downloading some classes from Yoga Today. If I want to get back into a serious meditation practice, I have to work on opening my hips. They’ve been extremely tight since my motorcycle injury several years ago, and I just can’t find a well grounded position or sit comfortably for very long at all. They’re both tiny baby steps, but at least I feel like I’m moving in the right direction again. Once I can do a solid 30 minutes of yoga without wanting to pass out, I’ll work on getting to the classes at 24 Hour on a regular basis.

Personal health goals for the upcoming week:

- Meditate for 10 minutes each day
- Do at least one round of Sun Salutation each day
- Journal my progress

Other goals:

- Submit at least one Examiner article
- Accomplish three work-related things from the ToDo list

No comments: