Monday, August 27, 2007

Why am I so screwed up?

I've noticed that I tend to assume that most other people have their shit more together than I do. I'm not really sure what makes me think that, except perhaps that I usually feel so not together?

In the same vein, I assume that most people (other than family and old friends) don't want to be bothered by me because they already have lives and friends and don't want or need to add me to their circle. I've always struggled with this one, which stems from a nagging feeling that people don't really like me, and they just pretend to because they don't want to hurt my feelings.

Do I have issues or what? I struggle with these ideas all the time. I constantly tell myself that I'm wrong, that I know none of it is true, but I never can get it completely out of my head. And of course, I assume that no one else feels the same way, since everyone has their shit more together than I do.

No comments: