Thursday, September 6, 2007

People amaze me

I'm getting a divorce. I'm getting a divorce because my husband of almost 17 years decided to take a road trip on his motorcycle and find himself. Apparently he found himself in the mountains of New Mexico. Says he belongs there, that it just feels right. It doesn't get any more cliche than that. It's not like we both didn't know the marriage was on its last legs anyways, but we had committed to working on it when he came back. In truth, he did me a huge favor, because I'm happier now than I have been in a long, long time.

Of course this was all back in April and May. So he came back in July, rented a big-ass Uhaul and towed away a bunch of his stuff. He was here for two weeks, had the Uhaul for one, and yet didn't manage to take everything with him.

A couple of weeks ago he called to ask me to bring him the trailer he left here with some more of his stuff on it. He actually wanted me to tow the trailer up to New Mexico for him. When that didn't work out for him, he started asking me to ship him stuff... first one of the boom boxes, then could I put a mallet he left behind in there, and oh yeah, there's a project he was working on - could I send that with the other stuff... One thing after the other.

The prize-winner was last night when he left me a message that he wanted me to send him his scroll saw. A scroll saw. That thing is big and bulky and heavy. What next, the band saw? Or maybe the drill press? How about I just pack the whole shop up and ship it next day air?

I told him no. He got pissy. I let him.

No comments: