Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Transitioning from anger to sorrow

I've been very sad the last week or so, and I realized yesterday that it's because I'm finally letting go of my anger towards my ex. Once the anger began to subside, the pain and sorrow started to surface. My anger was burning so hotly that no other feelings could survive. Now that it's cooling off, other feelings are coming through.

Ending a 17 year relationship isn't like flipping a switch... He was such a huge part of my life, and now he's gone. Even though things weren't that great toward the end, they weren't horrible either. There were still good times, even then. And I still love him. That's not to say I want to be married to him - I don't - but I do still love him.

1 comment:

veganfreak said...

Wow, I can imagine how hard it is. Good luck with it all, and here's hoping that it gets easier in time.